Individual therapy with adults...
I work with adults with a variety of presenting concerns. I offer a free 15-20 minute telephone conversation to help us figure out if I would be a good fit for you. Presenting concerns I see most often, or are common to therapy, are as follows:
- PTSD and Trauma Recovery
- Family and relationship issues
- College students and stage of life concerns
- Sexual orientation concerns
- Racial Identity and Multicultural concerns
- Acculturation issues for first and second-generation immigrants
- Grief and loss
- Life transitions and mid-life issues
- Work-related stress
- Bullying and harassment
- Assertiveness and boundary setting
- Decision-making difficulties
I approach therapy from a framework that integrates a cognitive, relational, and existential focus. My goal is to look at the way you are thinking and how this impacts your actions, your relationships, your decision-making abilities, etc. I work on how the people in your life (or those not in your life) impact the way you operate in your world. I also consider, from an existential viewpoint, how larger life issues impact your current functioning.